Saturday, December 18, 2010

Jo Jo's Third Show




Last night was our third show in front of the public. It was at a place called The Seven Seas in the Lake City area of Seattle, which is a Chinese restaurant with a bar in the back. It's very small. We played in front of about 30 or so people, whom were pretty responsive to what we laid down. We practiced a ton beforehand and have gained a lot of confidence in our songs and our overall vibe. Scott's vocals had a bit too much reverb on them, giving them a spaced out psychedelic feel. The one cover song we perform and I sing on is Ween's "Buenos Tardes Amigo." It was a complete wreck. I kind of rushed through it and during the solo, where I use a looper, it went downhill fast, as the aforementioned effect didn't work correctly - so much so it was barely audible. I yelled to Scott to just keep playing and I attempted the rest of the spaghetti western-type lead without the background rhythm. Although it sucked, we kept playing, and laughed it off. The next two songs, "Big Brother" and "The Cleaner," went off with barely a hitch, and much to the delight of those attending, as the applause was loud. I then switched guitars, the Tele for the Les Paul, for our closing song. "Tijuana Sunday" is a raucous and distorted tune about letting it all hang out south of the border. It went rather well, all things considered, and we got many compliments afterwards. I have a feeling we'll be playing a ton more and I look forward to creating and learning as we go. How come it took me so long to do this?

No comments: